Extended Christmas Hours
- Saturday 21st December 10am–4pm and 5pm–8pm
- Sunday 22nd December 10am–4pm
- Monday 23rd December 10am–4pm
- Tuesday 24th December 10am–4pm
- Thursday 26th December 11am–3pm
- Friday 27th December 11–3pm (not open in the evening)
- Saturday 28th December 11–3pm
- Sunday 29th December to Monday 6th January – Closed
Open As Normal
The team at Gandharva Loka wishes everyone a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Here we are again on the brink of Christmas and a New Year! We would like to advise everyone of our Christmas New Year hours of business, which are as follows:
- Sunday December 23: 11 am – 3 pm
- Monday December 24: 11 am – 3 pm
- Tuesday December 25: Closed
- Wednesday December 26: 11 am – 3 pm
- Thursday December 27: 11 am – 3 pm
- Friday December 28: 11 am – 3 pm
- Saturday December 29: 11 am – 3 pm
- Sunday December 30: Closed until Friday January 04, 2013
- Friday January 04, 2013 – we resume our regular shop hours.
We would like to wish everyone a happy, safe and peaceful Christmas and New Year.
Thank you all for your support throughout 2012.
Vajin and Prasasta Armstrong,
Gandharva Loka Christchurch.
We are very happy to be open again at our new location on St Asaph Street – it is delightful to be nestled in with The Lotus-Heart vegetarian restaurant, tea house and health food store, and The Gift Shop. Thanks so much to our friends and customers who have called us or come by over the past three weeks to wish us well – your kindness and good wishes have been most encouraging.
Just a short note to let everyone know our hours over the New Years break. Gandharva Loka Christchurch will be closed from Thursday 29th December until January 2nd. We will be reopening on the 3rd of January and will then continue with our regular hours.
Prasasta and I would like to wish everyone a peaceful, happy and safe New Year and we look forward to serving your musical needs at Gandharva Loka in the new year.
Gandharva Loka, Christchurch
Music is an indispensable thing. We don’t have to know what it looks like or what it does. Its very existence keeps us alive. Music means Self-expansion and oneness. The Self expands through music. The Self that expands is not the individual self but the unlimited Self. Music is the expansion of unlimited Reality. When the Unlimited expands, that is music. – Sri Chinmoy.
Gandharva Loka will have extended opening hours, including this coming Sunday, leading up to Christmas Day. Below are listed our store hours over the Christmas and New Year period.
- Sunday the 19th of December – 11 am to 3 pm.
- Monday the 20th to Friday the 24th of December – 10 am to 6 pm.
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day – closed.
- Monday the 27th to Friday the 31st of December – 10 am to 5 pm.
- Saturday the 1st to Monday the 3rd of January, 2011 – closed.
- Tuesday the 4th of January – open and resuming normal shop hours.
Christchurch City Parking
With the earthquake damage to Christchurch, finding a space to park the car has become a real issue for many city visitors. In November the Christchurch City Council voted to allow two hours of free parking in its parking buildings and the Tuam Street car park from Monday 22 November 2010 through to Sunday 30 January 2011. (Thank you Council…!)
The Council’s off-street parking facilities where the two hours free parking will apply are: