Extended Christmas Hours
- Saturday 21st December 10am–4pm and 5pm–8pm
- Sunday 22nd December 10am–4pm
- Monday 23rd December 10am–4pm
- Tuesday 24th December 10am–4pm
- Thursday 26th December 11am–3pm
- Friday 27th December 11–3pm (not open in the evening)
- Saturday 28th December 11–3pm
- Sunday 29th December to Monday 6th January – Closed
Open As Normal
The team at Gandharva Loka wishes everyone a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Here we are again on the brink of Christmas and a New Year! We would like to advise everyone of our Christmas New Year hours of business, which are as follows:
- Sunday December 23: 11 am – 3 pm
- Monday December 24: 11 am – 3 pm
- Tuesday December 25: Closed
- Wednesday December 26: 11 am – 3 pm
- Thursday December 27: 11 am – 3 pm
- Friday December 28: 11 am – 3 pm
- Saturday December 29: 11 am – 3 pm
- Sunday December 30: Closed until Friday January 04, 2013
- Friday January 04, 2013 – we resume our regular shop hours.
We would like to wish everyone a happy, safe and peaceful Christmas and New Year.
Thank you all for your support throughout 2012.
Vajin and Prasasta Armstrong,
Gandharva Loka Christchurch.
Gandharva Loka will have extended opening hours, including this coming Sunday, leading up to Christmas Day. Below are listed our store hours over the Christmas and New Year period.
- Sunday the 19th of December – 11 am to 3 pm.
- Monday the 20th to Friday the 24th of December – 10 am to 6 pm.
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day – closed.
- Monday the 27th to Friday the 31st of December – 10 am to 5 pm.
- Saturday the 1st to Monday the 3rd of January, 2011 – closed.
- Tuesday the 4th of January – open and resuming normal shop hours.
Christchurch City Parking
With the earthquake damage to Christchurch, finding a space to park the car has become a real issue for many city visitors. In November the Christchurch City Council voted to allow two hours of free parking in its parking buildings and the Tuam Street car park from Monday 22 November 2010 through to Sunday 30 January 2011. (Thank you Council…!)
The Council’s off-street parking facilities where the two hours free parking will apply are:
Looking for interesting and stimulating gifts for Christmas?
Gandharva Loka Christchurch is very happy to announce that we have just received several shipments of new instruments and are expecting more within the next few days from India and Europe. We will post an update when they arrive but in the meantime, here is a list of some of our newly arrived world instruments. (You can click on the instrument icons to see a larger version of each instrument.)
Bagpipe Practice Chanter
The bagpipe practice chanter is a double reed woodwind instrument that is similar in appearance to a recorder. It can be considered an instrument in its own right but its main function is as a practice instrument for the Scottish bagpipes. Gandharva Loka now has in stock some beautifully finished practice chanters.
The balalaika is a Russian fretted stringed instrument with a triangular body and three strings (one steel and two nylon) that are typically tuned to E, E and A. The balalaika Gandharva Loka has just received is the most common size, the prima balalaika, which is the smallest of the balalaika family. Comes with a hard case.
Celtic Lever Harps
Gandharva Loka now has a range of Celtic lever harps. The small and medium harps are lap harps and the larger size is free standing. They are all lever harps with nylon strings.
- Small – 19 string lap harp.
- Medium – 22 string lap harp.
- Large – 22 string free standing harp