As Autumn arrives and the leaves begin to turn colour and carpet the pavements of Christchurch, we at Gandharva Loka have been bucking the trend by adding numerous instrument-leaves to our music-tree following the arrival of several shipments from around the world – and we are expecting more in the coming weeks. Here is a sampling of some the new instruments that can be found in our world music store at the moment…
- Quartz Crystal Singing Bowls – all sizes and tunings, from 8″ (20 cm) to 20″ (50 cm) bowls.
- Gongs – highest quality gongs from Wuhan, China. All sizes and types.
- Various Egyptian Instruments including Oud, Semsemia and Udu.
- Bodhrans – Irish frame drums with adjustable heads.
And those nearing our shores…
Instruments Arriving In The Coming Weeks
- A shipment from India is on its way with a full range of top quality harmoniums.
- High quality hand beaten singing bowls from Nepal.
- A broad range of musical instruments for toddlers and young children.
- Good Friday, March 29th : Closed
- Saturday, March 30th : Open from 11 am to 3 pm
- Sunday, March 31st : Closed
- Easter Monday, April 1st : Closed
We resume our normal shop hours from Tuesday the 2nd of April.
Please note: our companion enterprise, The Lotus-Heart vegetarian restaurant, will be open Easter Friday, Saturday and Sunday – business as usual for The Lotus-Heart.
Our Latest Video Clip
We invite you to have a look at our latest video clip:
Singing performance at Gandharva Loka and The Lotus-Heart, March 2013.
When we sing,
We embody and become
The power of music.
This power has a free access
To the Universal Heart.
– Sri Chinmoy.